This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our busy Estate team in 2000 acres of the East Sussex High Weald. The Estate is under Organic conversion, and is moving to regenerative farming techniques, while restoring wildflower meadows and traditional coppice management of woodland.
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking, and flexible person to work within a small team managing the land for conservation and wildlife.
You will need to be a competent tractor driver to participate in the annual hay cut and be prepared to work long hours during busy periods.
- Competent, qualified Chainsaw operator
- Demonstrable interest in wildlife and conservation
- Experience of stock fencing
- Good tractor driving skills
- Telehandler certificate
- Full driving licence
- Professional qualification in Countryside Management or similar subject, or demonstrable relevant experience
- Digger driving
- Livestock work
- Butchery experience
- Deer stalking
- IT skills
In return, the Estate offers a great working environment, ongoing training, a generous pension and private health care.
Salary: £21 – £25,000 depending upon experience
All appointments are subject to:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Two satisfactory references (one of which must be from your current or most recent employer)
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 12th May 2022
Questions regarding this position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org